The following is a link to a detailed tutorial demonstrating how to create a custom feed from scratch using Php.
Functionality from the free Php FeedWriter class library is used to configure and generate the feed, which can be displayed in a range of common formats including RSS 2.0, Atom 1.0 and earlier versions of RSS (RDF /RSS 1.0, RSS 0.92 and RSS 0.91).
- Prepare your feed script/page – Instantiate a (Php) FeedWriter Class Object
- Add additional (Channel) data to the feed
- Add Items to the Feed
- Get the specified feed output format
- (Optional) Set the “Content” element of each feed item as type “HTML”
- Output the Feed XML
- (Optional) Writing to a file / Caching Feed Content
Php FeedWriter enables custom feeds to be developed in minutes. A feed is configured and populated once, but the same feed can be displayed in a range of supported output formats. The Php FeedWriter solution has online documentation to assist when using the class.